Monday, March 18, 2013

Fun With Mason Jars and Napkins and Imagination

Old Mason Jars with Pretty Purpose
 
 
 I finally finished all the jars I wanted to do with the
pretty spring floral napkins I had laying around here.
I'm using them for flower vases or candle holders.
They look really pretty on my table and buffet
in the dining room with the water in the jars,
even more so if the jars are setting where the
sunlight is shining behind them.
I might even use them to store some of my bling
and buttons, and ribbons in too.
 
 
 
I used two different pretty floral napkins to create
these five little lovelies. I think the strands of
pearls and the rhinestone brooches just top them off.
 
Because the napkins were double layered,
I peeled the back layer off then glued them on
white paper, to get the colors to show better.
I recut them again, then glued them on the jars.
In the photo above the jar on the right I didn't do that.
 
As you can see, when the light hits it a certain way
the pores in the paper show up darker, almost
giving it a moldy look. I didn't like that,
so the white paper behind takes that away.
 
You end up having to cut the flower out twice,
but it sure is worth it. It looks much better.
 
I used Modge Podge to glue them on, and for
the pearls and rhinestones I used the E6000 glue.
Was a bit of a pain doing those pearls, and lots
of patience! I found to keep those pearls from
 rolling so much, it was better to spread the glue
on the jar....give it about a minute or less or more
depending on how thick it was, to let it start drying
and then lay the pearls on, press it lightly, and then
adjust the line if any of them started to roll again.
Once it got close to the drying part, they stayed in
place without you helping them. Don't turn your
back on them until it gets to that point, or your
straight line will get messed up, and you will have
to pry it off and redo it again. I had to do that on
a couple and I hate having to do things twice! 
 
 
The front of all of the jars.
 
 
I wanted the back of the jars to be pretty too,
so I added Mulberry paper roses, and cut the pearls
longer so they would dangle a bit down the back.
 
Now all they need is some pretty flowers or candles!
They sure sparkle and if anyone knows me....
I love sparkle! I really love these!
 
Now you make some!
 
Sharing Today at:
 
 
 
TaTa for Now!
Love, Hugs, and Blessings!
 
Debi
 

8 comments:

  1. DEBI YOUR JARS ARE VERY PRETTY! I WILL HAVE TO BORROW YOUR IDEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Susan! I really had fun making them although those pearls kinda kicked my fanny lol. You can borrow anything you want....I'm quite honored someone else likes the idea!

      Thank you so much for the visit, and the time you took to comment. We always love those!

      Hope you're having a great day!
      Debi

      Delete
  2. Those jars turned out beautiful! And to think I just got rid of some of my extra jars! Boo Hoo. Nancy http://cozythymecottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know this is way late in responding and I hope you may see this, but I just wanted to say thank you Nancy for you compliment. So sad you got rid of your jars....there are so many wonderful things you can do with them. Thank you for stopping by and for your comment. Hope you're doing well and have a great day! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Debi, I love everything you have made! You have seen my work and go crazy on what to do next. I will be trying the mason jars next. This is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruthie! Love seeing you're getting into crafting....it's so fun! Keep it up....you got talent girl! :)

      Delete
  4. Debi, oh my gosh, I have not seen anything so pretty as these jars, you have outdone yourself. I have a fetish about jars and have pinned these on my Pinterest Board for my collection!!! You are one talented lady!!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren thank you so much....you are so sweet! I am touched that you shared them on your Pinterest board and so happy you liked them. They were fun to make. Thank you for the visit and your comment....I truly appreciate you. You have a great day too! Hugs!

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and your kind and lovely comments! Please come back and visit again! Have a blessed day!