Thursday, April 25, 2013

Got Camera - Got Shoes - Got FUN!

 
My New Photo Shooting Shoes!
 
Those of you who know me, know I love taking
pictures.....so when I saw this idea I just had to
make me a pair of....."go to photo shooting shoes!"

 
The day I saw this idea, I just couldn't resist!
So I ordered myself a pair of Van's slip on
tennis shoes, and as soon as they arrived....
I couldn't wait trying this out!
 
 
Kind of a bad picture.....a bit blurry, sorry.
My camera died so I had to use my cell
phone to take the pictures.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used photo's of vintage camera's and flowers I found
on the internet. My favorite camera is the Brownie,
which is the very first camera I ever had given to me by
my father on my ninth birthday. Wish I still had it!
 
I did a decoupage technique using Liquitex with my camera
and flower print outs. Once dried, I sprayed them with
water, lightly rubbed off the paper, and then sealed them
with the Liquitex again. Then I scribbled flowers all
over the shoes with a permanent marker, and then hand
stamped the words "got camera" on the heels. I then went
over the letters with my permanent marker.
 
I TOTALLY loved the shoes I saw so I tried to make
mine as close to them as I could. If they had been
in a store, I would have bought them in a New York
minute! Or if the girl had been selling them...they are
right up my photography loving world!
 
Not perfect....but I just LOVE them!
 
You can bet next time you see me with my camera,
I'll be wearing my new shoes! :)
 
Now I'm making a camera bag to match!
 
My next pair are going to be "Going Junking" ....
I'm addicted lol!
 
How can you not just love them!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Love, Hugs, and Blessings!
 
 
 
Linking up to:

Frugal Friday at: The Shabby Nest
Feathered Nest Friday at: French Country Cottage
The Chicken Chick at:  Clever Chicks Blog Hop



P.S. I found this idea and tutorial to make these here: at a Beautiful Mess
I got the shoes here: at Shop Vans.com
Now have some fun and make a pair for you!
 


10 comments:

  1. These shoes are so cute--when you get the camera bag done please do show us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy...I have the bag cut and ready to sew but haven't had the time to finish it! Life is so busy and it's driving me nuts lol....I have several projects I want to get at and finish and I just don't get anywhere! Thanks for the visit and comment...I always love to see you!

      Debi

      Delete
  2. Deb, these are so cute! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie!!! I know this is really late in responding and I apologize for that....I didn't even realize how behind I've gotten with comments...I do love my shoes lol....now to finish my bag!

      Hugs and blessings!
      Debi

      Delete
  3. Good Golly Miss Molly! These are totally awesome! How cute! No wonder you'vfe been having so much fun in your creative hidey hole working on these! Outstanding! I never thought of showing off my interests or hobbies on my feet! Cute cute major cutietude! Can't wait to see the camera bag! You rock, girl! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Ms. Leena! Thank you! I love your word cutietude lol! So glad to see you as always! We need to make you a pair too! :)

      Hugs and Love!
      Debi

      Delete
  4. These shoes are adorable! New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody! So nice to meet you! Thank you for the compliment and especially thank you for the follow and comment. Now I'm making a camera bag to match my shoes....if I ever can get it finished lol. Busy busy!

      Thank you again for stopping by! I hope you'll visit again soon!

      Have a great day!
      Debi

      Delete
  5. Your picture shooting shoes are adorable.....a real conversation piece to be sure, what fun. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Thank you so much....I really like my shoes hehe...they are different for sure. I just started doing blog hops....they are so fun and I love meeting other people and seeing all the craftyness and pretty pictures of so many different things. Thank you for hosting such a lovely party. I would love to join in the fun again! Thank you so much! Thank you for the visit and the comment....it's much appreciated!

      Have a lovely week!
      Debi

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and your kind and lovely comments! Please come back and visit again! Have a blessed day!