Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lace Candle Crowns and Napkin Crowns ~ A Pretty Idea

 
 This might just be a new idea!
Handmade Lace Candle Crowns and Lace Crown Napkins Holders!
Perfect for the Princess in YOU!
 
 
I did some research and didn't find anything like it so
maybe this is a first! That would be cool!
 
  
I was cleaning up the formal dining room and resetting
the table with a change of china. I was getting tired
of what was there. I had forgotten about a set of
black and white china I had purchased when I was
17 years old for my hope chest right after I had
graduated high school. I was engaged to be
married so I was purchasing things for my new life.
 
Well that never happened because of a car accident
six months later, and my sweetie lost his life.
That was my first introduction to adult life. :(

 
So THIS was the first time I had ever used them,
41 years later!
 
Then I got out my crystal smoked glass wine glasses
that I bought at the same time as the china....can't believe
they have all made it in one piece all these years with all
the moves I've had in my days. They looked perfect
with the black and white china.

 
As I finished setting the table with the china,
I turned to the buffet to get my candles out of the drawer.
I picked out some white tapers and put them on
the table in some pretty glass candle holders.
Then I added a large pillar candle in the center
and set a glass globe over that.

 
All finished and I was happy with it!
 
I turned back to the buffet to put away what was originally
on the table, and sitting there were some of the lace crowns
I had made. A bada bing moment hit me.....
 
I looked at the crowns, then over to the candles,
then back to the crowns again and thought....
those candles need crowns! And some sparkly too!!


 
When I had made all the those crowns a couple of weeks back,
I had planned on making some black ones, but never did.
But black would be perfect here on the white candles,
and it would look great with the black and white china too!
So can you guess what I set out to do!?
Yep...I made some candle lace crowns with sparkly bling!


 
Once they were all finished I set them on the candles.
It had been cloudy and windy all day but the sunlight
all of a sudden was streaming through the
windows and shining through all the glass on the table
and it looked so pretty and sparkly.
 
I thought maybe that was my lost honey smiling
down on me letting me know, he liked the table too with
the pretty china that had been meant to be used on our first
formal dinner party with our families after our wedding.
A flood of memories hit me like a ton of bricks,
and I had to catch a breath to hold back the tears.
That is still so crushing sometimes, even after all these years!

 
I walked out of the dining room into the kitchen and another
idea came into my mind....thank goodness cause I was
feeling pretty ucky at the moment, but I thought one more
thing was needed on that table! The napkins...and one more
thing too! Napkin holders....and they should match the candle
crowns and with bling, so guess what I did next!
 
Yep....I made lace napkins holder crowns with sparkly!


 
Now the table was complete, with matching everything!
And it sparkled and made me smile!
 
I love the table setting, but in a few days I will probably put
it all away back in the boxes. I just get to sad every time I
look at it. But.....I love the idea that came to my brain all
 because of my old forgotten china and my lace crown creations.
 
Candle and napkin crowns! They really are pretty!

 
They are pretty with the candles lit and they just slip on
and off so I can use them again and again. They are
best used with no-drip candles though, so the dripping wax
doesn't ruin them. I can set them at any level on my candles I want because they slide easily enough up or down. I think I'll make some pretty Spring colored ones to set with my white china for my Easter table. Maybe I'll go with a wider lace for the next ones too...
how pretty that would look all in different Spring pastel colors!







My table looked so pretty and elegant and sparkly!
 
So what do you think!?
 
If you like the idea too, they are easy peasy to make.
 
You just need the candles you want to use, some pretty lace,
the liquid gooey stiff stuff, glue gun and glue sticks,
craft paint if you want a certain color, and some sparkly bling!
Then use this tutorial that I used to make my other
lace crowns and you can have your own pretty candle crowns
in no time at all! Have fun and enjoy your pretty tables or
where ever you may use your candles!

Linking Up to:

A Stroll Thru Life - The Scoop

 
 
Love, Hugs, and Blessings!
 
TaTa Till Later!
Debi
 

14 comments:

  1. Love this idea Deb~so elegant~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbi! :) Thank you so much for the visit and your comment. Makes my day!

      Hugs!
      Debi

      Delete
  2. Hi Debi, This needs a Pinterest button. My favorite is the silverware holder with the boa. Beautiful and this would be perfect for a New Year's Eve party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitty and thank you! I have been trying to figure out how to add a Pinterest button to the blog, but at the moment it is over my head! I liked the one with the feathers too, but hubby thought it looked better without them, so I made both! So nice to see you and thank you so much for the visit and comment!

      Love and Hugs!
      Debi

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! So nice to see you again! It was fun creating them. Thank you so much for your visit and your comment....I need to get back to your blog to see what pretties you have come up with lately!

      Hugs!
      Debi

      Delete
  4. Awww Debi! I'm so sorry that you lost your first love! How sad that is! Fortunately, however, you have now found your true love in Jack! Your table setting is gorgeouos! Love the black and white dishes and your candle and napkin crowns are so sweet and elegant! Great idea! So creative! Can't wait to see what you come up with for your spring table setting! Hugs and love to you, dear friend! Remember the good and put a smile in your heart! <3 Leena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes God has blessed me with Jack....He is so perfect it's almost scary lol! Thank you for the compliment on the candle and napkin crowns....they were fun! Lets just hope I remember to do my Spring table before Spring and Easter is over! I get too many ideas all at once and forget what I should or want or need to be doing hehe!

      I always try to keep smiling but some times a memory gets triggered and down I go....then it's time to get busy and out of the past, then I'm remembering to be thankful even for the bad, or sad, because all of it has brought me to where I am today. There is always a blessing in there somewhere....my daughter was the main blessing in that one. She was what keep me going, as he laid in a coma for five years before he passed away. I found out three weeks after his accident that I was seven weeks pregnant. I've walked a long way since then...and lots more stuff along the way, but yes I still put a smile in my heart...it sure beats crying!

      Love you too my friend and thank you so much for the visit!
      Debi

      Delete
  5. Debi,

    Just found your blog through The Polka Dot Closet! Your post made me cry, of course it is still hard even after all these years - I loved how the sun shined when you were finished with your table... :)

    I agree this needs to be on Pinterest - so glad I found your blog.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan! So nice to meet you, and so happy for your visit! I love making new friends. I have been trying to figure out how to put that Pinterest button on here, but still at a loss on that.

      I'm sorry that made you cry...didn't mean for that to happen. But I really think he was there at that moment as crazy as that sounds. That is one event in my life that will always be with me. Time does heal the heart, but those days will never disappear from my heart or mind. Sure made me look at life a whole lot differently than most 18 year olds do!

      Well enough of that! Thank you again for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I really look forward to getting to know you more. Friends are fun!

      Hugs!
      Debi

      Delete
  6. Your crowns are so pretty, Debi! I love how these look and I'm going to have to check out your tutorial. Such a sad memory, but I'm glad you were able to use the dishes in a beautiful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Thank you so much! If you decide to make some you will love it...pretty simple and easy and they just add another level of prettiness to a table I thought anyway. :)

      It's so crazy how you can be doing things sometimes, and all of a sudden something triggers moments from what seems like another time and catches you off guard. I was doing fine until that sun came out and shined through the entire room! Then it was like I was back at that moment so many years ago and it just sucks the breath from you. So strange how that can happen. I just felt him for a split second and it all flooded back....those darn dishes anyway! That is probably why I have kept them in a box all these years to keep those memories at bay....oh well, we have no choice but to live on and grab as much happy as we can!

      Thank you for the visit and taking the time to comment...it's so nice to meet you! :)

      Debi

      Delete
  7. Those crowns are so very pretty! Thanks for sharing your story with us and your pretty table setting. I saw your post over at "A Stroll Thru Life".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Kitty! Thank you so much! I am so happy for your visit and thank you for taking the time to comment. It's so nice to meet you!

      I jumped over to your blog and you are a girl after my own heart....I just love your Kopy Kat stories. I love to challenge myself to make what I see and like out there. Most of the time it's not available to purchase, or it's too much money, but it's more fun taking the inspiration it gives you and make it ones self to fit just you! Cute blog and I look forward to spending time strolling through more of your posts and getting inspired, and if it's something fun, and saves me a few bucks...I am there!! :)

      Have a lovely day!
      Debi

      Delete

Thank you so much for the visit and your kind and lovely comments! Please come back and visit again! Have a blessed day!