Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Glass Fishing Ball Floats With Netting Knockoffs

Yea! Another knockoff project on my list done!
 
 
I have always loved these glass fishing floats and would love to find some real ones one day. But this for now is the next best thing! As luck would have it once again, I had everything needed to do this project...and I already had learned how to do the netting on the demijohns which is the same needed to put on the glass fishing balls!
 
On my last blog post of my Ballard Designs demijohn knockoffs  here, I had been searching the web for making the netting for the bottles I did and came across a blog with a tutorial on how to create a knockoff of these glass fishing floats here. How cool was that!


 
These two photo's became my inspiration...
don't you just love the colors!?
 
So beachy nautical!
 
So this is what I needed to create my glass fishing ball with netting knockoffs.......
 
twine
glass balls (clear glass Christmas balls)
I had four large ones....lucky me!
modge podge
food coloring
glue gun and glue sticks
scissors

 
First I poured a little modge podge in a small glass bowl, then added a drop at a time mixing with each drop until I got the color I was going for. Pretty how the color swirls as I was mixing. Once I got the color how I wanted it, I poured a little of the mixture in the balls and swirled it around until the whole inside of the ball was coated. I got out four coffee cups and set the balls upside down so the excess would drain out of the inside of the balls and left them for a few hours until they dried. I forgot to take a photo of the balls before I did this, but you all know what a clear glass ball looks like anyway....right?

 
Here is a couple of them after they were all dried and now ready to get to making the netting. Pretty color aren't they...I was excited how good they came out. I was on a roll! So far so good!

 
And here is the finished glass fishing ball float with the netting all done!
 
Not bad for my first try!
 
As soon as I can find some more large glass balls, I'm going to make some yellow, red, and greens ones to add to this group. Will be pretty!



 
Here they are with my demijohn knockoffs! I even had a couple of bags full of sand dollars my sister had given me a few years ago that popped into my memory while doing all these, so I got those out and painted a few. I then went hunting for a bowl of shells my kids and I had found at the beach when they were little and laid them all together for a real beachy look. Almost completes my beachy decor theme! One more thing I want to make....or maybe a few more things.
 
 
 
I really love my bottles and balls!
 
Next up......my boat! Sailing one that is!
 
Thanks for taking the time to visit and for letting me share my excitement and fun with you!
 
There is a reason for all this beachy theme going on and I'll share that with you on the next post!
 
Have a blessed day!
TaTa till later!
 
Linking Up Here:
 


5 comments:

  1. You make it look so easy. Fantastic idea and post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty! It really was pretty easy after I got the hang of it and figured it out.....now I think I could do them in my sleep lol! I can teach you how to do if you want girl! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Hi Debi, these are beautiful. You did a great job. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Thank you for the visit, the follow, and for the compliments! I did go to your blog and have followed you in return. You do some beautiful work. Glad you are enjoying your retirement! It's great isn't it!? Have a wonderful day! Blessings and hugs!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea and so frugally done too! They look so authentic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the visit and your kind and lovely comments! Please come back and visit again! Have a blessed day!