Monday, April 25, 2016

Lemon Love and Fresh Berries! ~ Your Taste Buds Will Kiss You!


Pavlova ~ (pav-LOH-vuh)

Looks so yummy but what the heck is it!?

Pavlova is a thick cloud-like meringue with a
delightful crunchy exterior and a soft, slightly
chewy marshmallow like interior that's topped
with whipped cream and fresh fruit.

There's a debate about where it originated,
(Australia and New Zealand both lay claim
to it), but what is known for sure is that its
named after Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova
who's said to have danced as if lighter than air.

That is what it says in my Better Homes and
Garden Magazine....but, preparation time can
be upwards of 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours to make! Says it's
easy to make, but the time, geesh!

My mouth was watering just looking at the picture
and I wanted something right now! 


This lemon berry pavlovas is topped with lemon curd,
blueberries, (which here where I live is picking
time for these babies), blackberries, and fresh mint.
This one is the one that got my taste buds dancing!


This is Strawberry, Mango, and Rose Pavlova with
edible rose petals! Looks yummy too!

or....

There was another that I don't have a photo of where
the pavlova was topped with lemon curd, ultra-thin
slices of Key limes, Meyer lemons,  clementines, and a
scattering of fresh basil leaves. This was called,
Citrus-Basil Pavlova!

It looks divine also!

You can find the how to's in the May 2016 Issue of
Better Homes and Gardens or click this link to
on the BHG website. Click this link for the

Now, I love lemony stuff and that lemon berry wouldn't
leave my mind. So I sat and thought, how could I have
this right now....without the pavlova which I was thinking
was something much sweeter than what I was hungering
for and way to long to make. 

I knew right where to go to get some lemon curd as I
use raspberry curd all the time on my toast in the morning!
So flippin good! 

So a trip to The Old World Market was my
first order of business! Love that place!

If you don't live near one here is the link to order it
online: Old World Market.

Get some raspberry curd while you're at it!



Like I said, I wanted something with those berries
and the lemon curd right now, so I needed to think
of what to put it on....hubby says, go get some fillo
shells! That was perfect! So next stop was the Publix
down the road! I picked up some blueberries as I haven't
gone pickin yet....this week we are going, yea! I also
found some really nice blackberries, and these raspberries
just starred me in the face, so I grabbed some of them too!

In the produce area they also had lots of herb plants
and lo-and-behold there was just one mint plant! In the
cart it went! I couldn't wait to get home to appease
my watering taste buds!


Light and fluffy, already baked, ...... perfect!





I got the fruit rinsed right away, snipped some mint
leaves from my new plant, chopped it up, put a
spoonful of lemon curd in six mini fillo shells, (three
for me and three for Jack), added my fruit on top,
then sprinkled some chopped mint over it, dusted
a little tiny bit of sugar over the fruit, added a dash
more lemon curd on the plate with a little more fruit
on the side, and OMGOSH! It hit that mad craving I
had perfectly! But, forget about just eating three lol!

Went back and made six more, (three for me and three
for Jack). I just couldn't believe how delish these babies
were! Soon after Jack went to bed, I still had this
hunger for more! So....I marched out in the kitchen
and this time got a bowl and scooped a bunch more
lemon curd in, top with a lot more of the fruits, more
mint, and just pigged out till my hearts content was
contented! It was like I couldn't get enough!


Look how beautiful these look!


I bet the kiddies will love these too!
Just right for those little hands!




I promise you won't be disappointed!

Going to have to go make some more....
my mouth is watering just looking at this!


Eventually I will try making the pavlovas, but for now
this is just right!

So give it a try! Enjoy!

Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the visit and your kind and lovely comments! Please come back and visit again! Have a blessed day!